Tuesday, May 03, 2011

They Are Playing My Song.....

Every song has a memory.....

Every time I listen to the songs of Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na  I feel teleported to my first year PG days. Circa 2008 when the movie had just released and the songs were a rage. The songs remind me of the lovely days I spent with my friends....staying in the dinghy musty "Call Room" on our duty days (that is the day we were on night duty at the hospital), attending calls in the hospital in the dead of the night, to save a life, or bring a new one into the world and such. Eating at the call room, bitching about our new seniors. Or going to the marine drive in the dead of the night to grab an ice cream and sit by the sea. Those were the first songs I had received on my then new phone via Bluetooth and I listened to them while travelling, while working and even falling asleep...Those songs remind me of travelling at the door of the train, feeling the wind on my face and in my hair. The songs are still a rage in my personal collection and I am never tired of listening to them. 

Such is with Dil Chahta Hain, circa 2001 when I had just joined MBBS. The movie was about coming of age, of 3 boys Akash, Sameer and Siddharth. And in a strange sort of way, the same year I too went through a similar coming of age when I became, from a bound to and sheltered at home college girl a hostelite medical student out in the world almost by herself. I remember watching this movie on a large screen at our first college festival and the songs still remind me how awed I was by the movie and by the whole college crowd. and being in college, studying what you always wanted to.

Every song has a memory; every song has the ability to make or break your heart, shut down the heart, and open the eyes. But I’m afraid if you look at a thing long enough; it loses all of its meaning
— Andy Warhol.

I still do not understand the last line of this quote, and its relation to the first two lines. But I love this quote, it says what I feel deep in my heart

2 comments:

  1. i know wat you mean some songs remain special because they came at a certain time..

    as for warhol i think wat he is saying if you toy with the song and the feeling long enough, if you overanalyse what exactly do you feel, what visions , sounds does it bring back, you may just lose the charm of the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrerrerre, Doctor saahiba - idhar hi maath kha gayin? The moment we start looking at something for long, doesn't the mind kick in, trying to interpret, analyze (like ORD mentioned above), and finally sidelining the vision totally?

    But wonderful post...truly. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your opinions. Please take a few moments to pen them down...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...